Transfer service to another billing account
Transfer service to another account
There are some occurrences when it might be necessary or useful to transfer hosting, domain registrations, etc. to another billing account. This wiki article will be outlining what is needed in order for this change to occur.
Making the request & what we'll need from you
All account ownership changes have to be done via our ticketing system ( not via chat, or phones ). This change is also only going to be performed by our administrative staff so please be patient with this request.
Create a ticket by e-mailing our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using our ticketing system interface. The required information in this ticket is below:
- The service(s) or domain registration(s) that need to be moved over to the new account.
- E-mail on file for the current account the service(s) are under.
- Security question answer for the current account the service(s) are under.
- E-mail on file for the new account the service(s) should be moved to.
Note: If they haven't yet signed up for an account please have them create a new account at https://cp.hostek.com
- Security question answer for the account the service(s) are needing to be moved over to.
Note: In most cases the old account owner can't know the answer to the new account security question, so please have them (the new account owner) create a ticket with us providing the answer to their account security question and referencing the account migration that you are performing.
We've provided below an example image of what this request might look like so that you can get a better idea: