Reset Coldfusion Password
From Hostek.com Wiki
Admin password reset
You can reset your Coldfusion 8, ColdFusion 9, or Coldfusion 10 admin password by doing the following:
- Go to the ColdFusion installation directory (by default C:\ColdFusion8 or C:\ColdFusion9 or C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\)
- Open the \Lib\ directory
- Locate the password.properties file and open this with notepad
- Make the following changes to the file, you will have to change the encrypted to false and then type a new password.
#date/time rdspassword= password=TYPEYOURNEW-TEMPORARY-PASSWORDHERE encrypted=FALSE
- Save the file
Restart CF and login
- Restart the CF Application service. In cmd, type Services.msc or locate it in the Administrators Tools
- Once CF has restarted, login to CF Admin with the temporary password you set
- In Security, under administration, reset your password. The password.properties will set the password and encrypt it.
CF 10 Additional Options
- For ColdFusion 10 there is alternative option. Go t C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\bin\ and run the passwordreset.bat (NOTE: leave RDS password blank)
- Full details and instructions are here.