From Hostek.com Wiki
Default Document Info
- The default document is the page that loads when your site is loaded in an internet browser.
- Our WCP and Linux/cPanel servers have predefined default documents but there are some cases where you may need the site to load a different page.
- You can use the steps below to change the default document for your site in cPanel and WCP.
Changing the Default Document in Windows WCP
- Login to your Windows Control Panel (http://wcp.hostek.com)
- Click the IIS Setting icon under the Website Settings Panel
- Click the Default Docs tab at the top of the Website Settings Window
- Select a default document and drag it to the top position to set it as top priority
- Click Add to add a default doc
- Click the red X to delete a default doc
- Click a default doc and change the name
- For example: change "index.htm" to "index.asp"
Changing the Default Document in Linux cPanel
- Open the "File Manager"
- Right-click the ".htaccess" file and select "Code Edit"
- Enter the code below into the .htaccess file and click "Save" (replace "default.html" with the name of the default page you want to load)