SFTP - How to Enable sFTP on your VPS
From Hostek.com Wiki
This is for setting up your VPS to have a domain use Secure File Transfer Protocol for being able to upload/remove files.
Creating Your SSH keys for a domain on your VPS
- Log into your WHM for your server.
- Go to your "Account Information" » "List Accounts" and access the cPanel for the domain in question.
- Access the SSH/Shell access Icon.
- Click the Manage Keys button.
- Click the Generate new Key at the top.
- Fill in the requested information to generate the key.
- You should now have both a Public and Private Key. Click and download both keys and save them on your computer.
Setting your FTP client to use SFTP
For these steps we will be using FileZilla.
- Open your FTP client and go to Edit -> Settings.
- Select the SFTP in the options menu.
- Click the Add Key.
- Browse for the Key you recently downloaded from cPanel.
NOTE:If your key is already a .ppk file you should be fine if not FileZilla will ask to convert it.
- Click Ok to save the settings.
- Now you may begin to start your SFTP connection using port 22 with your other normal FTP credentials.