MySQL Admin Backup
Backing up a MySQL Database with MySQL Administrator
It is possible to use MySQL Administrator to backup a database as an sql file. You can get MySQL Administrator from this Link.
To backup your database please follow the steps listed below:
- Login to your database using the IP address that shows in your control panel (unless you are on linux then use localhost). Use the username and password that you set the database up with.
- Once you have logged in click on Backup on the left hand side.
- Click New Project at the bottom of the screen and fill in the Name of the sql file you are going to backup your database to.
- Select the Database you are wanting to backup from the area that says Schemata and then click the > buttom to move it to the Backup Content area.
- Click Execute Backup Now.
This can take several minutes to an hour to complete depending on the size of the database.