cPanel Mailing Lists
Creating a Mailing List in cPanel
- In your cPanel account click Mailing Lists under 'Mail' section.
- Type in your 'List Name' in the text box.
- Type a secure but memorable Pass-phrase in the 'Password' field .
- Re-type to Confirm the password in the 'Password (Again)' field.
- Then click on 'Add Mailing List' which will create a new mailing list.
Mailing List Password Change in cPanel
- In your cPanel account click Mailing Lists under the 'Mail' section.
- Click on 'Change Password' under the Functions section of your specific mailing list.
- Type a secure but memorable pass-phrase in the Password field .
- Re-type to confirm the password in the Password (Again) field.
- Then click on the Change Password tab which will reset your password.
FYI: You may also generate a generic password by clicking on Password Generator and pasting into both password text boxes.
SmarterMail Mailing Lists
Creating/Managing a Mailing List in WCP
- Click "Users" under the "Email" section
- Click "Login" next to the mailadmin user
- Click "Settings" at the far left
- Expand the "Mailing Lists" folder and click "Mailing Lists"
- Click "New" and fill out the required information for the mailing list
How To Import Mailing List
- Export your subscribers
By default a file "list.txt" will be saved to your local computer.
- Open your subscribers file
In notepad open the list.txt file.
- Add the EmailAddress identifier
At the= top of the list of subscribers put the text "EmailAddress" with NO QUOTES.
- Save the file
Save the file with the CSV extension like "list.csv", make sure it does NOT contain .txt after .csv by examining the file in explorer.
- Import the list.csv file into SmarterMail.
How to Add/remove subscribers from a mailing list
The following explains how to add or remove subscribers from a mailing list. When adding new subscribers, you have the option to add each email address individually or upload a text file of the subscribers' email addresses. To manage your mailing list, please follow these steps:
- Open a browser window and go to one of the following URLs:
- Login as firstname.lastname@example.org with your primary FTP password (unless you changed it).
- From the Domain Settings menu select Mailing Lists.
- Choose the mailing list you wish to manage.
- Click Actions, then click List Subscribers.
- Choose from the following options:
- Add Addresses: adds one or many email addresses to the list (when adding multiple addresses, enter only one address per line - duplicates will not be added)
- Download: initiates the download of a .txt file containing your mailing list subscribers
- Upload: initiates the upload a new .txt file containing your list subscribers (one per line). Choose to add the uploaded addresses to the existing list or to completely replace the old list with the new addresses. Duplicates will not be added.
- Delete All: initiates the deletion of all email accounts in the list. A confirmation dialog will appear. Once you delete subscribers, you cannot recover them, so it is recommended that you first download the list before deleting.
- Delete link: this option will delete only the selected email address from the list
- Click Save.