Connecting to Database - MS SQL
From Hostek.com Wiki
Revision as of 23:10, 16 December 2016 by Seanc (Talk | contribs) (→Where to get SQL Server Management Studio)
SQL Server Management Studio
- Use the following steps to log into your MS SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio
- Log into the WCP and click "MS SQL"
- Copy the server listed for your database. For example: "sql1.hostek.com"
- Open SQL Management Studio
- Paste the server you copied from step 2 into the "Server name" field
- Set "Authentication" to "SQL Server Authentication"
- Enter the database username and password and click "Connect"
- You can also hide the system objects in SQL Management Studio by using the following steps:
- Click "Tools"
- Select "Options" from the menu
- Click "General" under "Environment"
- Check the box for "Hide system objects in Object Explorer" and click "OK"
- Restart SQL Management Studio and Reconnect to your database.
Where to get SQL Server Management Studio
- With SQL 2016, the Management Studio application is now a completely separate stand-alone product from the SQL Server database engine.
- SQL Server Management Studio 2016 is compatible with all versions of SQL Server and can be downloaded at the link below:
- Use the following steps to log into your MS SQL database using MyLittleAdmin
- Log into the WCP and click "MS SQL Tools"
- Select your database and user
- Click "MyLittleAdmin"