Placing an Order with HOSTEK.COM
Our Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and VPS Hosting are the best professional web hosting plans on the market and at a great price. Web Hosting Plans range from Basic to Pro/Unlimited and are great for commercial sites with shopping carts to personal blog space using programs like WordPress. Our servers support CMS and CRM programs, forums, bulletin boards, and other software.
NOTE: If you're not for sure a program is supported please submit a support ticket and our support staff will confirm if the software/program will run on our servers.
Choosing a Hosting Service
There are three major hosting services to choose from, this is where you start your plan choice.
On the main page, from the top navigation bar, (See screenshot below) we have:
Shared Hosting - For most Personal and Small Business sites (based on size and traffic)
Reseller Hosting - For Customers who wish to resell our products. Perfect for web designers and entrepreneurs
VPS Hosting - For Customers looking to have their site(s) isolated from others, and for those needing non-traditional applications installed, or needing abnormal amounts of space or traffic. We have VPS customers ranging from single server setups to larger enterprises utilizing multiple servers. For example, maybe a few load balanced web servers and a database server and a VPN connection.
HOSTEK.COM offers a wide range of Web Hosting Plans on a variety of different "Platforms" like Windows and Linux Operating Systems running ColdFusion, Railo, ASP.NET, and PHP. If you want to learn more about the different types of Platforms, simply click on Web Hosting or Reseller Hosting links on the main page. Then the Learn More button
We also provide Virtual Private Servers, Virtual Dedicated Servers, Email Servers, and ColdFusion "Shared" Dedicated Hosting. All are covered under the VPS Hosting link.
VPS Hosting (Excluding SmarterMail Email Servers and CF Shared Dedicated) also offer different "Platforms" like Windows and Linux running ColdFusion and Railo. Prices vary based on the service they provide and resources assigned to them. To learn more about them, click on the Learn More button.
Picking a Plan
Now you will pick a plan for your site. When you visit a plans page, you will see a side-by-side comparison of the different plans. Choose the plan that best fits your needs.
NOTE: The Example below is for instructional purposes only. It does not reflect any current plan specifications or prices.
Once you find the hosting plan you think best suits your needs, simply click the Get Started button.
Ordering Service and Account Setup
After clicking the Get Started button you will be taken to our ordering and client account area. Client Account Control Panel
The First screen is associating a domain name to the hosting package. There are three options to choose from on this page.
Options are as followed:
- If you never registered the domain name choose this option. Domain Extensions and Cost
- If you want to transfer a domain name to HOSTEK.COM choose this option. Transfer A Domain Name from Another Registrar
- If you wish to "keep" your domain name registered where it is, but have it point to our servers, choose this option. You need to update the Name Servers
After this, you will be taken to the checkout page.
VPS Orders Only
For VPS orders, after the domain name setup, you will be taken to a VPS Settings page.
The first section is Configure Server:
- Hostname Prefix. This is not what your domain name will be, it is only the server name.
- Name Server Prefixes usually ns1 and ns2
- Root Password set up
The second section is for Configurable Options. The Options for each component have a drop down box with the cost (if there is one) associated with the option.
You might want to indicated your choice for the following options as they are set to none for default.
- Rewrite Modules
Click the Update Cart button to go to checkout.
- For your convenience we offer monthly and annual billing arrangements. By choosing an annual hosting plan you will receive the best pricing.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express cards and PayPal.
- Many Plans come with a promotion, these promotions from the website are always applied at checkout automatically. If you have a special promotional code, from elsewhere, you will apply it later.
- Click the "Checkout" button.
- You will be asked to enter your details on the next screen.
- If you are a current customer and wish this to be under an account you already own, then login via the link provided.
- Enter a security question (Keep this safe and handy for support. Important It is case and character sensitive, so if you choose "What was the name of your favorite teacher?" and you put mrsmith instead of Mr. Smith, then you will not be able to recover passwords automatically.
- Enter your credit card information. Note If you chose a plan that has a promotional code, you will not be charge at checkout.
- If you have any special needs for your site, enter them in the "Notes / Additional Information" box.
- Review the Terms of Service, then check the checkbox
- Click the "Complete Order" button.
After you complete the checkout process, you will be giving an Order Confirmation number. It will look like this
Your Order Number is: 669000885454
IMPORTANT If you payment status is not complete, you will need to go the Client Billing Area's home page and pay the invoice before we can process your order.