Email Password Requirements
From Hostek.com Wiki
- Due to increased spamming activity, where spammers are programmatically guessing weak passwords, our mail servers are requiring strong passwords for your account.
- Your account will not be able to send email via our servers unless your email user has a strong password that meets the requirements below:
- At least 8 characters long
- At least 1 upper-case letter
- At least 1 lower-case letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character (EXAMPLE: - , _ ( ) $ % ! etc.)
- Cannot contain any variation of the word 'password'
- Cannot contain your username
- If you have an older email account that has a weak password, you will still be able to receive mail. Sending mail will be restricted until the password meets the above requirements. Once you change the password, please wait up to 30 minutes for the system to automatically recognize the changed password and re-enable the sending ability.
- This change will help prevent the server from being used to send spam, helping to prevent interruptions in mail delivery.
How to Reset Password
- You will need to log in to your Control Panel
- URL: https://wcp.hostek.com/
- Username: ** same as your cp.hostek.com username **
- Password: ** same as your cp.hostek.com password **
- You can also login to the control panel through your billing control panel https://cp.hostek.com/clientarea.php
- Click on 'My Services' 'Click the small Green arrow on the the notepad to the right'
- Now click the Login to Control Panel Icon
- Once you are logged into your WCP account, under the Email Section
- Click Users icon
- Click on the pen icon next to the user that you are changing the password for
- Now in the password form input the new password following our requirements, listed above.
- Now Click Save
- Note: You will still be able to receive mail. Sending mail will be restricted until the password meets the above requirements. Once you change the password, please wait up to 30 minutes for the system to automatically recognize the changed password and re-enable the sending ability.
- You can also set up a backup email within SmarterMail which sends you a link to a new password
- Login to Smartermail at mail.yourdomain.com (replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain)
- Click on the GEARS (settings) icon.
- Click on User under Account Settings
- Fill in an alternate e-mail address in the backup email address tab
- Click save