ColdFusion 9 Post Parameters
Increasing Post Parameters on a Coldfusion 9 VPS
After the most recent hotfix to ColdFusion 9, the post parameters(number of items in a form for example) are limited to 100. In ColdFusion 10, this limit can be increased in the CF Admin but in CF9 it requires editing of the neo-runtime.xml file. If you are running into an error that post parameters limits is exceeded, follow these steps.
- Navigate to your ColdFusion home directory (Example: C:\ColdFusion9)
- Go to the LIB directory inside the home directory
- Make a copy of the file called Neo-runtime.xml and name it neo-runtime.bak, this is for a backup in case any mistakes are made
- Edit the neo-runtime.xml file
- Find a line that reads <var name='postSizeLimit'><number>100.0</number></var>
- Directly after the </var>, insert a line that reads <var name='postParametersLimit'><number>XXXX.0</number></var> where XXXX=the post parameters limit you want to set
- Save the file
- Open up Start--->Administrative Tools--->Services
- Navigate to Coldfusion 9 Application Server
- Stop Coldfusion 9 Application Server
- Once it has fully stopped, start Coldfusion 9 Application Server for the changes to take effect
These steps will up the post parameters limit to what you set and allow for you to have larger form submissions.